This name, with variant spellings Lambrick, Lambrook and Lembrick is of English locational origin from a place in Somerset called Lambrook. Recorded as Landbroc in 1065, as Lambrok in the 1201 Assize Court Rolls of that county and as Lanbroc in the 1227, Assize Court Rolls, the first element may be either the Olde English pre 7th Century "land" meaning and area of land, or "lam", a lamb, plus "broc", a brook or stream, hence, "boundary brook" or "brook in which lambs were dipped". Such locational names were given to former inhabitants who moved either voluntarily or otherwise from their village or place of origin. The farther away one moved the more the spelling was transposed, hence, the many variants. On January 23rd 1670, Batten Lambrick and Jane Marsh were married in St. Mary's, Marylebone Road, London and on December 14th 1682 Thomas, son of Edward Limbrick was christened in St. Dunstan's, Stepney. The first recorded spelling of the family name is shown to be that of William Limbricke, son of Edward Limbricke, which was dated February 15th 1580, christened in St. Olave, Hart Street, London, during the reign of Queen Elizabeth 1, known as "Good Queen Bess", 1558 - 1603. Surnames became necessary when governments introduced personal taxation. In England this was known as Poll Tax. Throughout the centuries, surnames in every country have continued to "develop" often leading to astonishing variants of the original spelling.